Thanks to Forrest Anderson Plumbing for this guest post, just in time for our Super Bowl parties!
The biggest game of the year can put a strain on plumbing with more people, plenty of drinks, and a big spread of food. Add in extra stress from blown calls by the refs and you get a greater chance for clogs and overflows – and no one wants to get a penalty for a bathroom mishap!
The experts at Forrest Anderson Plumbing recommend these simple tips to avoid common and costly fumbles:
- Absolutely no chicken bones or skin should go down the garbage disposal, as it will ruin the blades.
- Avoid putting vegetable peelings in the garbage disposal like carrots and celery because fibrous or stringy veggies can easily get stuck. Also avoid putting pasta, rice
andcoffee grinds down the drain.
- Turn on the garbage disposal and run the water *before* you put in scraps. Also make sure to let the water run a couple of minutes afterward.
- Never pour grease or oil down the sink as they could solidify and clog your lines. Instead, wipe pots with paper towels and throw away.
- Put a toilet plunger in every bathroom, just in case, and a wastebasket so people don’t throw trash in the toilet.
- Locate the water shut-off valve under the toilet tank in case of an emergency and test it out before the game day.
To avoid a Super Bowl disaster, call in the special teams at Forrest Anderson for a professional inspection of garbage disposals, drains, pipes, and toilets at 623-428-0215, or visit http://forrestanderson.net/.
About Forrest Anderson
Forrest Anderson Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning Inc. has been providing exceptional service to the Phoenix area since 1961.
A third-generation family business with over 68 years of experience, Forrest Anderson remains committed to its founder’s core beliefs:
- treat your customers right,
- treat your employees right,
- do your best work,
and alwaysdo the right thing.
Forrest Anderson technicians operate under a four-point service model (understand, discuss, solve and deliver) to provide a consistent, high-quality experience each and every time.
ROC: O68884, O80357, O68784, O32411.
For more information, call 623.428.0215 or visit http://forrestanderson.net/.
Seriously, you guys. Check out Forrest Anderson’s page – they have a fantastic blog section with LOTS of information and helpful posts! Plumbing-focused!
Now – how many of these tips for the Super Bowl party were new to you? Let us know in the comments.